The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) is administered nationally to participating institutions and links to the BCSSE instrument (though UC Merced no longers administers BCSSE). UC Merced participates on a biennial basis during the winter/spring of odd years. All freshmen and seniors invited to participate in the survey. NSSE was not administered at UC Merced in 2013.
Please visit this webpage to view survey reports from the 2015, 2017, and 2019 survey administrations. Click the "Year" tab to toggle between years - 2019 is the default. Reports can be viewed on the webpage and also downloaded as pdfs (click "PDF Version" for the report of interest).
Survey Data - Topical Modules
- NSSE 2019 Topical Module - Academic Advising (Beta Version)
- NSSE 2017 Topical Module - Experiences with Information Literacy
- NSSE 2015 Topical Module - Experiences with Information Literacy
BCSSE/NSSE Combined Data
- 2016-17 BCSSE and NSSE Combined Data Report
- 2014-15 BCSSE and NSSE Combined Data Report
- 2010-11 BCSSE and NSSE Combined Respondent Characteristics
- 2010-11 BCSSE and NSSE Combined Data Report
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or issues with viewing the reports or to request reports prior to the 2015 administration.